MANGLIK DOSH (Mars defect) IN HOROSCOPE AND HOROSCOPE MATCHING.
1. Placement of Mars in select houses in a native’s horoscope is generally famous as”Manglik Dosh” leading to disturbance of MARITAL BLISS. Some people with fixed mindset call it reality. Some with similar fixed mindset call it myth. Some question how Mars / Mangal can be AMANGAL (malefic)? Is it the “only Dosh” in a horoscope to disturb marital bliss?
2. Mars being a major cruel planet, it is specially highlighted for creating Manglik Dosha (Mars defect) & its adverse affects in married life however, all cruel / malefic planets in select houses are liable to adversely affect marital bliss. Thus, Mangal Dosha is only for labeling or naming the defect.
3. Most of the classics are silent on Manglik Dosha affects except for its parking in 7th house. Experience indicates that parking of Mars in select houses has adverse affect in family / marital bliss. In some of the texts, parking of Mars in 11th, 12th, 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th,7th and 8th house is indicative of undesirable malefic affects in one’s life. However, while considering Manglik Dosha, merely the parking of Mars in select houses should not be construed as Manglik Dosha . Its degrees, sign, Avastha, strength , exaltation, debilitation, conjunction and or aspect of Jupiter & Mercury etc and its position in Bhav Chalit diagram; all should be taken in to consideration before considering a native’s horoscope indicative of Manglik affects or its malefic affects. In nutshell, all rules should be applied before declaring a native Manglik or with its malefic affects.
4. A native may be Manglik as follows:-
(i). Only by ascendant.(ii). Only by Moon ascendant.(iii) By natural ascendant plus Moon.(iv). Only by Venus ascendant. (v). By natural ascendant & Venus ascendant.(vi). By Moon & Venus ascendant (vii). By natural ascendant plus by Moon and plus by Venus ascendant.
5. Generally, Manglik Dosha is checked / calculated only by natural ascendant. However, it may also be considered from Moon and or whichever is stronger between natural ascendant and Moon ascendant. If a native is Manglik by all three ie ascendant, Moon and Venus due attention should be paid while horoscope matching. This type of Manglik Dosh is called as Explosive Manglik Dosha.
6. While considering Manglik Dosha Yoga; parking and or aspect of Mars in 11th, 12th, 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th and 8th is taken in to consideration. Parking of Mars in 11th house is good for profits but from here, its aspects on 2nd & 5thhouse are malefic from own wealth (Dhan) and own family & children bliss point of view. By its parking in 12th house, it aspects 7th house (house of spouse) is malefic, from 2nd house (in own kutumb / family house) it aspects on5th (house of linage) & 8th house (spouse’s wealth & kutumb / family) is malefic. After marriage, for female; spouse’s kutumb / family becomes own kutumb / family). However, its parking in 2nd house is said to be Nishphali. This means, parking of Mars in 2nd house is not benign form many angles. From 4th house its aspects on 7th house (house of spouse) is malefic. From 5th house its aspects on the 8th house (spouse’s wealth& kutumb / family) is malefic. Mars parking in 5th house is also considered malefic from children bliss point of view. Any benign planet in conjunction with Mars in 5th house will get in to “Lajjit Avastha”. Planets in “Lajjit Avastha” in 5th house are not benign for well being of children. Mars parking in 3rd & 11th house in Neech / fall / debilitation has been noticed giving undesirable jolt in marital / domestic bliss leading to one time divorce / break in relationship. Conjunction of Mars with malefic planets in 12, 1, 4, 7, & 8th house makes undesirable “Pushanchali / Pushanchal Yoga”. Its parking in its fall (in Moon sign) in 12th,7th & 8th houses may not directly affect marital bliss but this inclines a native of indulging in multiple sexual relationships / activities on the quite.
7. Mars in its exaltation, Mool trikon, Own sign may have negligible effect as Manglik for the purpose of considering its malefic affects in marital / family bliss. Conjunction and / or aspect of Jupiter and or joint conjunction or aspect of Jupiter & Mercury neutralize many adverse Manglik & miscellaneous malefic affects. Merely conjunction or aspect of Mercury doesn’t mitigate Manglik effects but on the contrary it increases certain malefic effects due to the reasons of Mercury being neuter and behaving like Mars with increased effects of Mars. Conjunction and or mutual aspect of Mars and Mercury is likely to make a native inclined towards widows / widowers / divorcees etc. Close conjunction of Mars and Mercury in fourth house is said to form “Stree Chaurya Yoga”. Thus in general, Mars and Mercury Yoga is not a benign Yoga to mitigate Manglik effects.
8. In addition to Manglik Dosh there are many other Yoga, which may lead to spoil marital bliss. In fact, there are much worst Yoga than mere Manglik Dosha. Some of these are called Vishaakhya Yoga (filled with poison. Not literally but, it is an astrological terminology), Pati / Patni Hantaa Yoga (husband / wife killerYoga). Thus, Manglik Dosha Yoga is much inferior to these Yoga. Therefore, it is here that, the role of a worthy astrologer comes in to play for horoscope matching before marriage and for individual / case-to-case guidance. A worthy astrologer will not create a fear of Manglik Dosha in the mind of a native but will provide necessary guidance. Malefic affects of Manglik Dosha are neutralized if Manglik native is married with another Manglik with proper horoscope matching on the basis of similarity / similia / tit for tat (like homeopathy system). It is like iron cutting iron or a poison neutralizing another poison.
9. One has to draw a balance between freedom, empowerment and conduct as per Deshkaal / situation / customs of a native’s society. Appreciable Sanskaar (conduct), Karma and social binding play important role in controlling many malefic aspects / activities.
10. Mars is best suited only in 10th house followed by in 3rd and 6th house. In remaining all houses it is a cause of concern. Even its parking in 3rd house in fall (in Moon sign) causes lack of family bliss.
11. Thus, from the above one can conclude the following:-
(i). There is nothing to fear if a native is Manglik. Nearly half of the population is Manglik in one or the other way. It is none of native’s fault. In fact, in certain cases it makes a native enterprising person with lot of strength in him / her. Native’s KARMA with certain remedies may neutralize many of its negative effects.
(ii). Merely the presence of Mars in select houses should not be taken in to consideration. Its degrees, sign, Avastha, strength , exaltation, debilitation, conjunction and or aspect of Jupiter & Mercury etc and its position in Bhav Chalit diagram; all should be taken in to consideration before considering a native’s horoscope indicative of Manglik affects or its malefic affects. If Mars in Bhava Chalit Chart is not indicating Manglik Dosh it means the said manglik Dosh is negligible and not much effective. Conjunction and / or aspect of Jupiter & Mercury will neutralize many adverse Manglik & miscellaneous malefic affects. In nutshell, all rules be applied before declaring a native Manglik or with its malefic affects.
(iii). As already mentioned above, ManglikDosha are neutralized if Manglik native is married with another Manglik native with proper horoscope matching on the basis of similar / similia / tit for tat. It is like iron cutting iron or a poison neutralizing another poison.
(iv). One has to draw a balance between freedom, conduct and empowerment as per Deshkaal / situation / customs of a native’s society. Appreciable Sanskaar (conduct), Karma and social binding play important role in controlling many malefic aspects /activities.
12. Other planets which cause jolt in marital / partnership bliss:-
(i) Parking of Moon in 12th house (especially in Capricorn or Cancer ascendant) is detrimental to marital bliss. The reason behind is that, (a). 8th house from Moon is carrier of 64th Navansh, (b). Moon and Moon sign in 7th house become 6 / 8 to each other. Moon in 12th house in Cancer ascendant becomes malefic being 12th to own ascendant for the native.
(ii). Parking of Saturn in ascendant, 10th, 5th and 7thleads to problems in marital bliss (by presence / aspect etc).
(iii). Parking of Rahu in ascendant, 3rd, 7th and 11th is detrimental to marital bliss (by presence or aspect). Ketu be considered in similar way. However, Rahu in 7th house in its exaltation works fine and benign to the native.
(iv). Parking of Sun in 12th, 1st, 2nd, 5th, 7th (main), 8th house is detrimental to marital bliss.
(v). Parking of Saturn in 7th house and Mars in 10th house or vice versa will make a native very quarrelsome and short tempered which is not conducive to marital bliss. In this Yoga, a native concerned will also not be liked in non blood relations or in public life.
(vi). Sun, Saturn and Rahu are separative planets. Influence of two or more of these planets on 7th house is most likely to cause separation from marital bliss and comforts of marital life.
13. Greater the number of malefic influence on 2nd, 7th and 8th house, greater will be the malefic effects on marital bliss due to inter personal relations between husband and wife. The factual effects of any planet will be indicated during its DAPS.
14. Notwithstanding the above, it may be assumed that certain things are destined to happen. Hence, one should not be too rigid on Manglik Dosha and ideal horoscope etc otherwise one will miss the bus of marriage. No native is born with NO DEFECT horoscope. Therefore, one should draw a line on what must be followed and what can be ignored as per one’s Desh – Kaal / situation.
#WhatsApp +91-7827020780 to connect with #AstrologerSiddharthaGoell